Even though the Green Bay Packers will not be in the Super Bowl this weekend, you can still stay true to your roots by whipping up a batch of this delicious soup.
Get all the details below.
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 1 onion, finely chopped—you’ll need about a ½ cup
• 1 14-counce can of vegetable broth
• 1/3 cup of flour
• 1 cup of whole milk or half-and-half
• 1 tsp. crushed caraway seeds
• ¼ tsp. black pepper
• 10 oz. Wisconsin aged cheddar cheese, shredded
• 4 cooked bratwursts, cut into half moons
• 1 can of beer
• In a large saucepan or pot, begin by melting the butter over a medium heat.
• Next, add onions and reduce to medium low heat. Cook onions about 10-15 minutes until they are soft.
• Now, in a separate bowl, combine flour and broth. Mix until well combined. Now, pour mixture in with the onions.
• Add milk, caraway seeds and pepper to the saucepan and stir.
• Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stir frequently.
• Gradually stir in cheddar cheese and reduce heat to low.
• Once cheese melts, stir in the brats and beer.
• Cook soup until it is heated. Stir soup frequently.