In this issue of the Weekend Beat, we will be celebrating with all things Halloween. There will be a variety of fun events going on this weekend and we’re here to help you decide on what you would like to do.
Friday, October 31st, 2014
- Here are the trick-or-treating hours for the local area tonight.
- The Waupaca Recreation Center is having a free haunted house with food, events, activities, and dancing. This event will take place at the recreation center from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Nature’s Edge Resort in Waupaca is having Halloween costume party from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am tonight. Music will be played by DJ Andy from Over The Top Entertainment. Prizes will be awarded to the three most outrageous, scary, and original costumes.
- Maverick Pumping Service in Waupaca will be having an open house and Halloween event from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. This event is free to the public.
- Haunted Hollow in Weyauwega will be having a “spooktacular experience” from 7:15 pm to 10:00 pm. Admission is free, but donations are appreciated.
- Miller Pumpkin Display in Waupaca will have a variety of pumpkin carvings on display. At dusk, lights come on and stay on until 11:00 pm. Make sure to check out this neat event.
- Secrets of the Dead, a musical mystery, will be performed at the Gerold Opera House in Weyauwega. Tickets are $30 at the door; the show starts at 6:30 pm.
- The Portage County Library in Stevens Point be hosting the Monster Mash, filled with costume, food, games, and music for 6th through 12th graders. Event starts at 6:30 pm and goes until 9:00 pm.
- Trzebiatowski’s Haunted Corn Maze in Bancroft is spooky event will be going on from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Have an enjoyable Halloween weekend from all of us at Community Insurance. If you are heading out tonight, make sure you review these safety tips to keep you and your family protected.