Living in Central Wisconsin during the summer means that you’ll never be short of things to do. Lakes, rivers, campgrounds, music festivals, and more fill up everyone’s summer schedule. Another perk of living in the middle of Wisconsin is that Wisconsin Dells is only a short drive away, making it super easy to take a day trip to the waterpark capital of the world.
Before you throw on your swimsuit and hit the road for the Dells, make sure you and your family are prepared with these safety tips:
- Pack the essentials, including plenty of sunscreen. Protecting your skin is very important especially when you are going to be in the sun for a majority of the day. Also make sure to pack plenty of water, lip balm with UV protection, first aid materials, and sunglasses.
- Be aware of your surroundings and set up a meeting place. Always try to stay close together with your group and make sure to designate a meeting area in case someone should wander off.
- Assess your situation. If you are taking small children with you, determine if they need floaties or life jackets. It is always better to be safe than sorry, so floatation devices are a good idea. Never let small children swim or go on rides on their own, and have times set throughout the day when older children should check in with you.
- Don’t take anything with you and don’t wear any jewelry that you wouldn’t want to lose. Protect your valuable jewelry and belongings by adding them to your Wisconsin homeowners insurance policy, but consider leaving them at home where they are safest.
- Rinse off before and after entering the water. It is important to rinse off any germs you may have on your body before entering the pool to ensure you don’t spread them to others. However, not everyone rinses off before swimming, so rinsing off after you swim will remove germs and chlorine from your body.
Taking a few moments to go over these safety tips will ensure a safe and fun day in the Dells. Where is your favorite place to go in the Dells? Share with us!