You voted for it and you begged for the recipe, and now it’s finally here! Our team member Wanda graciously shared her White Chicken Chili recipe with us, the same recipe that won her the title of 2012 Chili Champion.
Wanda made a triple batch for the cookoff to make sure there was enough for all attendees, but this single batch should be enough for you and your family. Then again, this recipe is very addicting so maybe a double batch would be a good idea.
The recipe calls for Mexican-style tomatoes with green chilis, but Wanda suggests that you could probably add salsa instead to kick this recipe up a notch.
White Chicken Chili
- 12 oz Tyson Fajita Chicken strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pkg. McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 jar northern white beans, or 2- 15.5 oz. cans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ lb. cream cheese (optional)
- 1- 10oz. can Rotel Mexican-style tomatoes with green chilies
- 1- 4oz can green chilies diced
- 8 oz. white cheddar cheese spread
- 1 fresh squeezed lime
- In Stock pot, add diced onion and olive oil, sauté until clear.
- Add seasoning packet and all other “dry” ingredients.
- Continue to sauté dry ingredients for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and lime juice and heat to boiling.
- Add Chicken, beans, tomatoes, diced chilies, cheese spread, cream cheese (if using) light cream, and sour cream.
- Stir thoroughly and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with any toppings you’d like, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, jalapenos, and more. Enjoy!
*This recipe is from Wanda Draeger.