Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
July is the most popular time in the United States for people to pack up the car, the family, and take a road trip to across the country or across their home state. Whether you are planning a cross-country road trip or a trip to your summer cabin, it is very important that you are traveling the roads in a safe manner.
- For starters, before you begin packing the car—make sure you have a comprehensive Wisconsin auto insurance policy that is explained to you by a local independent agent at Community Insurance & Associates.
- Use caution in work zones. Many road crews are using the summer months to get road projects done and you may come across work zones throughout your travels. Make sure to reduce speed in these zones and keep a watchful eye on traffic.
- Never follow the car ahead of your too closely, especially if it is raining.
- Clean your headlights, taillights, and signal lights before you leave.
- Pack an emergency kit that contains a first aid kit, road flairs, fix-a-flat, high-protein snacks, water bottles, a flashlight, extra cash, road maps, and extra cell phone chargers.
- Keep watch for changing weather patterns wherever you are traveling. If you are driving into a storm, consider taking a different route or pulling over to a safe place until the storm passes.
- Do not let your gas tank become too low. Pull over and fill up when your gas tank gets to a ¼ of a tank.
- Ask your insurance agent if you have roadside assistance covered in your auto insurance coverage. If so, make sure you have all the roadside numbers in case you need to call a local dispatcher to get help if you experience car troubles.