We are back with your Tuesday Tips. This week we want to focus on the importance of emotional wellness month. Emotional wellness is the ability to accept our feelings, having a generally positive outlook, and enjoying life.
Never underestimate the importance of getting a good night’s sleep in order to find emotional wellness.
Follow these tips in order to find emotional wellness by sleeping better:
- Make yourself go to bed at a regular time every night. Set a time and stick to it.
- If you are lacking sleep, take an afternoon nap instead of sleeping in late. This way you will not be disturbing your regular sleep pattern.
- However, if insomnia is a problem for you—consider skipping the nap.
- Try to avoid the after-dinner sleepiness by making yourself active. You can go to the gym, call a friend, clean the house a little, or pick out your outfit for the next day.
- Increase your light exposure during the day and go outside more.
- Reduce noise around you when you are trying to go to sleep. You may want to invest in a pair of earplugs.
- Eliminate any light in your room by using dark shades to cover your window.
- Stay away from big meals at night.
- Also, avoid drinking alcohol before bed. Alcohol can disturb your quality of sleep.
- Try relaxation techniques before bed such as deep breathing, muscle relaxation, or visualization of a relaxing place.
We hope these tips will help you find a restful night sleep. Remember to check back here every week for your Tuesday Tips.