Spring and summer are famous for rainstorms and wet pavement leads to nearly 1.2 million traffic accidents every year.
Check out of Tuesday Tips and remember these safety measures before you hit the road:
- Replace windshield wipers if they leave streaks or swipe marks on the glass.
- Make sure you have proper tire tread depth and your tires are inflated to the recommended psi for your vehicle.
- Avoid using your cruise control feature; you have a higher chance of losing control of your vehicle.
- Slow down and remember to leave plenty of space between you and the car in front of you.
- If you begin to skid, look and steer in the direction in which you want to go.
- Do not slam on the brakes if you are skidding, this can make your vehicle more difficult to control.
- Avoid hard braking or turning, and always allow yourself plenty of time to stop.
We hope these Tuesday Tips will help you stay safe this season. Feel free to share this advice with your friends and family so we keep them safe.