Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
During the winter months businesses take the extra step to prevent slips, trips, and falls. However, it’s also very important to consider these risks during the summer months.
According to a case study provided by Society Insurance, “Slips, trips and falls are the second-leading cause of employee injury nationally, with these types of injuries increasing by 41 percent since 1998. Additionally, slips, trips and falls are also a leading cause of customer injuries.”
These types of accidents can often times be very surprising and this makes it necessary to prevent these risks.
Tuesday Tips: Preventing Trips, Slips, and Falls this Summer
- Be on the lookout for defects in hard surfaces or loose carpet seams. Fix or replace any carpet defects as soon as possible.
- Add lighting to any poorly lit stairwells immediately.
- Make sure there are dry-off mats by all doors. There should be no curled edges on the mat, and if they cannot be then the mat should be replaced.
- Don’t overuse your wet floor signs—customers are less likely to follow the signs if they are out 100% of the time. Use the signs when necessary, and take them down when they are not needed.
- Use signage to indicate ramps, raised booths or dining rooms, or other changes in elevation.
- You should also inspect parking lots and sidewalks regularly to make sure they are in good condition.
Follow these Tuesday Tips to maintain a safe environment all year round. Avoiding slips, trips, and falls is important any time of year. Identifying and maintaining the risk areas is key to avoiding a slip and fall accident.
Remember to check here for more Tuesday Tips from your friends at Community Insurance & Associates.