Summer storms are here and recently we’ve been receiving claims due to hail damage throughout Central Wisconsin. Loss or damage to a classic car can be scary; however, there are ways to protect your classic vehicle from storm damage.
- Always keep your classic owner’s insurance policy up to date.
- You should also discuss all of your coverage’s with your insurance agent. Before the big storm hits—give your agent a call and make sure you understand what is all covered on your policy.
- An owner should always make sure that they store their car in a locked garage or storage unit.
- Try to park away from windows and in a building that does not have any large overhanging tree limbs.
- Check to see if your garage doors track system can resist high winds.
- Do not drive down a road that is submerged in water, if possible.
- Never drive over downed power lines.
- If road conditions begin to get worse while driving, you should slow down and if you have to stop make sure you pull to the side and have your emergency flashers on.
Once a storm passes, you should make sure to take pictures of any damage that was done to your classic car during the storm. The insured should also take notes of any damage and give their agent a call to make a claim.
Remember to let one of our agents here at Community Insurance & Associates set you up with a great policy for your classic car. We work with a number of great insurance companies that will offer you a great package.