May is recognized as National Pet Month. It is a time to observe the benefits that pets bring to our everyday lives. Here at Community Insurance, we believe in supporting the well-being of animals. If you stop by our Stevens Point office on the right day you will be greeted by our mascots, Diesel and Levi. We also have an in-office beta fish, his name is Agent Blue.
Not only do we have our own pets in the office, but we are also a proud supporter of local humane societies. During the months of May and June for every new “Like” we get on our Community Insurance & Associates Facebook page— we will be donating $1 to the Humane Society of Waupaca County.
It’s important to us that animals receive the care that they deserve. In today’s issue of our Tuesday Tips, we have compiled a list of easy pet care tips in honor of National Pet Month.
- Spray and neuter your pets in order to reduce the chances animals ending up in shelters.
- Help your pet maintain a healthy weight by looking an appropriate feeding schedule based on their age, weight, and exercise.
- Protect you pets from parasites by asking your veterinarian about medications to prevent fleas.
- Regular teeth brushing is important, your pets can also suffer from tooth loss, gum disease, and tooth pain.
- Never let your pets sit in the front seat while you are driving. Instead, keep your pet in a pet carrier that is secured with a seatbelt.
- Always keep all of your pets vaccines up-to-date.
- Never leave your pet inside of the car, even if you are only running a quick errand. It can take a very short period of time for your vehicle to heat up and put your pet in danger.