Purchasing a vehicle can be a very large investment. There is a lot of maintenance and upkeep that comes along with being a car owner. During the month of April, it is National Car Care Month. Meaning it is a great time to focus on taking better care of your vehicle. Along with regular maintenance, there are quite a few easy ways to keep your car running for a long time to come.
• Regularly check your oil-level and get fresh oil changes. This is one of the most important elements in order to keep your engine running for a long time.
• Drive carefully every day. This means you should accelerate slowly, obey speed limits, and avoid potholes and curbs.
• By shifting your automatic transmission car in to neutral at a red light you are putting less strain on the engine.
• Run multiple errands at once in order to consolidate short driving trips.
• Flush and change the coolant system once a year.
• Keep the paint looking fresh by applying wax to your vehicle every 6 months.
• Start keeping track of your mileage and gas fill ups. If you notice your gas mileage worsening, it may be an early indication that something is wrong with your vehicle.
• Maintain proper tire inflation. You may even want to buy a tire pressure gauge and check the pressure about once a month.
• Get your tires rotated to distribute the wear evenly and maximize the life of your tires.
• Always use the right oil in your car.
Following these tips can help you extend the life of your vehicle. However, never underestimate the importance of having a good auto insurance policy. Make sure you ask your insurance agent plenty of questions to know exactly what is covered. Do not hesitate to call any of our agents here at Community Insurance & Associates to ask us about a competitively priced auto insurance policy.