Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
The holiday season is a popular time for shopping. Black Friday will be here very soon and it is important that consumers are protecting themselves from identity theft. Taking simple steps to protect yourself will greatly reduce your risk of becoming a victim of identity theft.
This edition of Tuesday Tips will help your find protection against identity theft this holiday season.
- Become familiar with your credit report and regularly monitor it.
- Be aware of where you are leaving personal information, even when you are in your own home.
- Make copies of all your important personal documents, such as your driver’s license, ID card, and credit cards. That way, if your personal information is stolen, you still have all of your card information so you can call your companies and cancel your cards.
- Regularly check your bank and credit accounts online. Watch for any suspicious or unauthorized purchases.
- When shopping at stores or in malls, be careful when typing in your PIN number—some people look over your shoulder in order to steal your PIN and debit card.
- Hold onto receipts after making a purchase, this receipt may have personal information that thieves would love to get from you.