Spring is right around the corner. This means that with the large amount of snow we received this year—flooding is going to become an issue when everything starts to melt. It’s going to be important that you keep your home protected from the dangers of flooding. The worst thing to come home to after a long day or a weekend away is a basement full of water. Flooding can damage flooring, furniture, and result in many other expensive fixes.
Having a flood policy can be very beneficial to those who are worried about the potential flooding damages to their homes. You can even check with your local floodplain manager to see if you are in an area that is at risk for flooding.
Here is what is covered under a flood policy:
• Coverage for Residential or Commercial Structures
• Up to $250,000 Residential Through NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program)
• Up to $500,000 Commercial Through NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program)
• Excess Flood Coverage Available
• Non-Participating Community Coverage Available
• Replacement Cost Settlement on Primary Dwellings Available
If you are interested in getting a quote for a flood policy, you can contact any one of our agents here at Community Insurance & Associates. We are happy to help you find the best policy based off of you flood zone determinations. Give us a call and we can answer any questions you may have.