Opening day for Wisconsin deer gun hunting season is this Saturday, November 22nd. Hunters will be preparing their deer stands and stocking up on cold weather essentials this week. As you head to the woods this weekend, keep in mind the following safety measures to avoid any accidents this season.
Also, always remember to check back here every week to see the newest edition of Tuesday Tips.
• Always assume every gun is loaded.
• Control the muzzle and point the gun in a safe direction at all times.
• Do not place your finger on the trigger of a gun until you are ready to shoot.
• Unload your gun before jumping or climbing to your tree stand.
• If approached by anyone while you are hunting, always point the muzzle in a safe direction.
• Never consume alcohol before or after you handle a firearm.
• Store all firearms in a locked firearm protection safe.
• Always use a full-body harness.
• Be certain of your target and what is beyond it before you shoot.
We wish all the hunters a safe and successful deer-hunting season. It is always a good idea to use great caution while hunting and participate in a hunter safety course.