Many people can remain shaken up after being in a car accident. Even if you and the other driver remain unharmed, it can still be frightening. It’s very important to know what to do if you are in an accident. Be prepared and familiarize yourself with these simple tips in case you ever find yourself at the scene of a car accident.
• Do not leave the scene of an accident.
• Turn off your vehicles ignition if the area is safe.
• Make sure that everyone is not injured and if somebody is, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
• Leave the scene of the accident untouched until the police arrive. However, if your vehicle is obstructing traffic then you should move it to a safe place so that it is not damaged anymore.
• Even if the accident is minor you should still notify the authorities immediately. Having an accident reported can help protect you from any unexpected claims that may arise.
• Make sure you get information from the other driver(s) involved in the accident. Make sure you read up on the new driver privacy protection act so you know to get important information from the other people involved in the accident.
• Get information from any eyewitnesses of the scene and get their name, phone number, and address.
• Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible to file a claim.
• Visit a police department to file an accident report.
Accidents can be very scary and can leave you feeling a little uneasy. That is why it is very important to have a great auto insurance policy so that you can protect yourself and your vehicle. Even minor accidents can be very pricey when it comes to repairing your vehicle. There are several options when it comes to auto insurance and any one of our agents at Community Insurance & Associates is happy to help you find the best policy available.