Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
As a bar owner, you are responsible for the overall operations at your establishment. This includes maintaining the safety of customers and employees. It’s important to keep up with risk prevention, security measures, and many other small details that go along with your bar.
Take a look around your tavern and use these tips to keep everything running smoothly.
- When filling a glass with ice, have employees use an ice scoop instead of the glass. There is a chance that the glass could break and leave shards of glass in the ice.
- Use thick garbage bags or double bag garbage to avoid leaks or broken glass breaking through the bag.
- Have a plentiful supply of clean rags, paper towels, and sanitizer spray around the establishment.
- Make sure to keep the lid on the garnishes behind the bar to prevent insects and cross-contamination.
- Also, always use a toothpick or tongs to remove garnishes from the container.
- Assign specific tasks to your employees for when the bar gets busy. If you have a busy weekend crowd, make sure you are properly staffed and that everyone knows what they need to be doing.
- Train employees to cut off customers if they are beginning to look like they are becoming excessively intoxicated or are making a scene within the bar.
Remember, it’s also very important to have a good insurance policy in place for your bar. Allow Community Insurance & Associates to find you a policy with all of the coverages you need to keep your bar protected. Our agents have the expertise and knowledge that will ensure you are set up with a policy that best fits you.
Every bar has unique needs and that is why we work with over 25 companies to make sure that you have the best coverage available. Give us a call today.