Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
If you choose to carve pumpkins this season, make sure you check out the following tips to make the process as simple and safe as possible.
1. Your pumpkin carving station should be in a well-lit, dry space.
2. Store all of your carving tools in a jar when you are not using them.
3. Have younger children decorate their pumpkins paint and glitter glue.
4. Older children can help punch out the design of the pumpkin once you make the cuts in it.
5. Use a short serrated blade knife to carve the pumpkin.
6. When using the knife, point the blade away from you. This reduces the risk of cutting yourself if your hands slip.
7. Take your time while carving. You should be sawing at the pumpkin, not slicing.
8. Keep in mind the placement of your free hand while carving. You want to avoid cutting yourself if you are placing your hand inside the pumpkin.
9. Instead of candles to light your pumpkin, purchase battery operated lights.