Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
As parents, make sure you are keeping your children protected with these 10 trick-or-treating safety tips.
- Plan the trick-or-treating route you plan on taking around the neighborhood. This will avoid the chance of you getting lost.
- Make sure both you and your children are wearing comfortable shoes because you will be walking a lot.
- Purchase reflective tape and apply it to your children’s costumes so that they are well lit and seen by drivers.
- Do not have any costumes that are too long or drag on the ground. This creates a tripping hazard, cut costumes to the appropriate length.
- If possible, try not to put your child in a mask. This can make it difficult for them to see or breathe.
- Weapons or costume props should always be flexible or plastic, if they are crucial to the costume.
- Always look at all of your children’s candy before they eat it. Throw away any candy that is not in its original package or looks like it has been opened.
- Trick-or-treaters should always walk, not run.
- Do not go trick-or-treating to houses that are not lit. Make sure the house has their porch or front light on so you are respecting the people who are not participating.
- Keep track of the time and do not trick-or-treat past the trick-or-treating hours in your city.
Wishing you a safe and enjoyable Halloween from all of us at Community Insurance & Associates.