Spring Break is fast approaching and you may be heading south to sunny weather with your family or friends. Before packing up the car, make sure to read the following advice so you will be prepared for all of the uncertainties that come with road trips.
The must-have car supplies:
- A snow shovel and an ice scraper—this should already be in your car since we are all accustomed to Wisconsin winters; however, if not make sure to have both of these in your vehicle.
- You should also always keep your car manual in the glove box of your vehicle. In case something happens while on a road trip, you should be able to look up the problem in your manual and see if you can fix the situation.
- Updated insurance cards are always a necessity. Make sure you keep them in your vehicle or in your wallet at all times.
- A first aid kit including gauze, Neosporin, Band-Aids, and cleaning wipes.
- A spare tire, as well as a tire jack. If you do not know how to change a spare, now is a great time to learn.
Road trip essentials:
- A GPS system, whether it is in-dash or a plug-in system, you will definitely travel easier if you have a reliable GPS system.
- Bring a sufficient amount of cash. Most places will take cards but there are still gas stations, convenience stores, and restaurants that only take cash.
- Flares, these are essential in the event that you get a flat tire at night and need to create visibility to protect you from passing cars.
- Snacks, soda, water, and whatever else you need to keep you full and focused on the road while you are traveling long distances.
- A car charger for your cellphone so you will be able to make a call in an emergency situation.
- You may want to bring an MP3 player to play your favorite tunes while you are cruising across the country.
We hope you have safe travels this upcoming spring break. Remember to have your vehicle insured with a policy specially put together for you by a local agent here at Community Insurance. Please give us a call today with any questions regarding your policy.