Cue the Christmas music and blinking lights because it’s holiday party time! I love the holidays and especially holiday parties, but planning them can be a chore. Here are some tips to make your holiday event planning a little easier.
- Don’t procrastinate. Start your planning early because you never know what will pop up. Planning your party early will give everyone enough time to make sure they can attend, and will give you enough time to make sure everything is taken care of.
- When in doubt, make extra. Unexpected guests are well, not expected, but are always welcome especially during this time of year. Make sure all your guests will have enough to eat and drink by making or buying a little extra. You can always give extra food to your guests or donate it to a food pantry.
- Inform your guests if your party is kid-friendly or not. If your party is open to kids, make sure you have kid-friendly food and keep alcohol, breakable items, and other safety hazards out of reach of the children. Have an area of your party that kids can play in, such as a guest room, and have activities or movies to keep the children entertained.
- If you are planning an event at a bar, restaurant, hotel, etc., check with the owners to make sure the location is protected with an insurance policy. On the other hand, if you are a bar, restaurant, or other type of business owner, check your insurance policy and call your insurance agent to ensure you are covered for all your events.
- Planning a big event? Consider purchasing Special Event Insurance, which can be tailored to your event and can include general liability, liquor liability, property damage, and more. Contact us to learn more about our Special Event policies and to create a policy that will protect your holiday event.
Holiday parties take a lot of work, but they are worth it in the end. Don’t forget to take time this holiday season to spend time with family and friends. Enjoy your holidays!