Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month, and what better way to celebrate than by enjoying all your favorite fruits that are in season. These delicious and nutritious snacks are perfect for you and your family!
- Watermelon. No 4th of July is complete without this refreshing fruit, which is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium and is a good source of potassium and Vitamins A and C.
- Mango. Enjoy this tropical treat that is rich in dietary fiber, Vitamins B6, A, and C.
- Rhubarb. This summer fruit packs a punch of nutrients, including magnesium, dietary fiber, Vitamins C and K, calcium, potassium, and manganese.
- Strawberries and other berries. Fresh berries are in ample supply in Wisconsin during this time of year, so make sure to take advantage and enjoy these fruits that are good sources of potassium, dietary fiber, manganese, and Vitamin C.
- Tomato. The tomato is technically a fruit and is rich with many nutrients, such as Vitamins E, B6, A, C, and K, potassium, manganese, and more.
Challenge yourself this month to eat more servings of fruit every day. You can easily get multiple servings of fruit in one sitting by throwing together your favorite fruits into a fruit salad.
As you challenge yourself to be healthier, remember that protecting you and your family with Wisconsin health insurance is a necessity. Contact us today to learn about our health insurance plans and get healthy!