Temperatures are dipping and the snowy season is upon us here in Central Wisconsin. Many people have already fired up their snow blowers this year and ran them down their driveways. Snow removal is not the most enjoyable task; however, if you have a good plan in place it can be a lot easier than you think.
Here are some helpful tips:
• Don’t procrastinate. If you have a big snowstorm hitting your area, get outside and start plowing/shoveling. Remember, it will be much easier to remove the snow if you portion out your time.
• If you are using a snow blower, make sure you are using the right model for your driveway. Using the right tools when clearing snow can make a world of difference. Do some research and make sure you are using the right tools for your property.
• Remember that salt is intended for icy sidewalks and stairs. Using salt and other chemicals can have a negative effect on your plants or shrubbery so be careful when using melting agents.
• Pushing snow up to the side of your house or walls can be damaging to the structure of the wall. Pressure to the walls can cause cracks that cause damage or leaks to your home.
• Try not to stay outside too long. Clearing your driveway can be tiring, make sure you stay hydrated and take breaks when you feel yourself getting tired.
Snow removal can be rather simple if you keep an eye on the weather and make sure you are using the right tools. Even if snow removal is still a dreadful experience for you, there are plenty of people and services that you can call to clear the areas you need taken care of.