The holidays are winding down and you may be considering returning or exchanging a gift.We’ve all been there, your sweet wonderful grandmother got you another sweater set for Christmas. Although the gift was meaningful and sweet, you know your probably never going to wear it. Returning gifts can be a hassle, but make sure you know everything before heading to the store.
Here are a few tips and tricks:
- You should know where your gift is from and that store’s return policies. Some store’s may not honor a return without a receipt.
- Keep your present in it’s original packaging with the tags on. This is especially important for electronics, make sure you keep things in the box that it came in.
- Your gift may have been purchased on sale and might make returning the item a little more difficult.
- It’s always best to bring a receipt or gift receipt to make it easy for you and the store’s staff.
- Make sure you return the gift within a reasonable amount of time. Don’t wait to long because many stores have a specific amount of days that you can return an item after it was purchased.
- There are some items like movies or video games that you might not be able to return.
- Some electronic items may require a restocking fee if you are returning them.
- Be patient with the person helping you at the store, they just got through the busy holiday shopping season and may be exhausted.
If you are lucky enough to not be heading back to the store’s then sit back, relax, and put your feet up.