Let us provide you with a great pot pie recipe so you can use up the rest of your Thanksgiving turkey.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 3 chopped carrots
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 4 cups of chicken or turkey stock
- 2 peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cups of leftover shredded turkey
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 prepared, or store bought pie crust
- 1 lightly beaten egg
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Next, melt the butter in a saucepan with the chopped onions. Cook the onions until tender.
3. Stir in the celery and carrots and cook for a couple minutes.
4. Pour in chicken stock and simmer.
5. Add the potatoes and allow them to simmer until they are tender.
6. Now you can add in the turkey, parsley, and peas.
7. Finally, pour the mixture in to a casserole dish and top with the pie crust. Brush crust with the egg.
8. Bake the pot pie for 30 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.