Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
Warm yourself up and make your house smell wonderful with this easy recipe for apple butter.
What you’ll need:
• 3 lbs. of apples– peel, core, slice
• 3 cups of sugar
• ¾ cup of water
• 2 tsp. of cinnamon
• ½ tsp. of allspice
• Small pinch of salt
• 1 tsp. of nutmeg
• ½ tsp. of cloves
How to make:
• Start by putting all of the apples into the slow cooker.
• Next, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, salt, and sugar to the slow cooker.
• Mix together all of the spices and the apples.
• Now you can add the water and cover the slow cooker.
• Let the mixture cook on low for 11 hours.
• Use a slotted spoon to place the apple slices into a blender. Reserve the juice.
• Puree the apples in the blender. Add some of the juice reserve if butter is too thick.
• You can now put the butter into small canning jars and enjoy.
Try with toast, cinnamon rolls, French toast, or biscuits!