Warm yourself up and make your house smell wonderful with this easy recipe for apple butter.
What you’ll need:
• 3 lbs. of apples– peel, core, slice
• 3 cups of sugar
• ¾ cup of water
• 2 tsp. of cinnamon
• ½ tsp. of allspice
• Small pinch of salt
• 1 tsp. of nutmeg
• ½ tsp. of cloves
How to make:
• Start by putting all of the apples into the slow cooker.
• Next, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, salt, and sugar to the slow cooker.
• Mix together all of the spices and the apples.
• Now you can add the water and cover the slow cooker.
• Let the mixture cook on low for 11 hours.
• Use a slotted spoon to place the apple slices into a blender. Reserve the juice.
• Puree the apples in the blender. Add some of the juice reserve if butter is too thick.
• You can now put the butter into small canning jars and enjoy.
Try with toast, cinnamon rolls, French toast, or biscuits!