December 23rd is the most popular time for holiday travel in the United States. People are rushing home to see loved ones and begin their holiday celebrations. Make sure you plan ahead so that your trip is as simple as possible.
Here are some great travel tips:
- If you are flying, pack as light as possible and make sure you plan well in advance. Leaving everything to the last minute will make traveling even more chaotic.
- If you are driving, make sure to have your car checked out before you leave.
- Make sure to have a map in your car in case you need to change your route of travel.
- Always have a winter safety kit in your vehicle. Ice scrapers, a tow rope, jumper cables, cat litter or salt, and flashlights are all necessities while on the road in the winter.
- If you are leaving your home unattended this holiday season, don’t post your travel plans on social media. Posting your holiday plans on social media is allowing thieves to know their is nobody at your house.
- You can purchase a timer that allows for the lights in your house to turn on when its dark out. This will also protect your home from a burglary.
- In case you are flying, keep in mind when you are buying gifts that they need to be travel-friendly.
As always, remember to drive very safe on the roads and to take your time if the conditions are treacherous. These travel tips will hopefully help your holiday traveling be a little less stressful.