We are a week into November and only a little over two weeks away from Thanksgiving. Don’t panic if you haven’t started planning your Thanksgiving menu yet, our agent Melissa has a turkey day recipe that is easy and delicious! Melissa started making this recipe from a family friend, and although it’s called “Thanksgiving Cranberry Jello Salad,” she assures us that it’s good any time of the year!
Thanksgiving Cranberry Jello Salad
- 1 large pkg of Raspberry Jello
- 2 cups fresh cranberries – rinsed
- 1 navel orange (zest with microplane, then peel)
- 1 apple – cored and diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ – 1 cup pecans (or any nut you prefer)
- In Quisinart , put cranberries, peeled orange, orange zest, apple, pecans, and sugar. Process until mixture is pretty much pureed. (It take a few minutes to get the nuts & apples in small enough pieces)
- Heat 1 ½ cups water to boiling in the microwave. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in Jello until it’s completely dissolved. Add about 10-15 ice cubes and stir until the Jello starts to set up. You don’t want it to get too set or the cranberries won’t mix in well. As soon as it starts to thicken, remove any ice cube pieces that are left. Fold in the cranberry mixture and mix well. Pour into a Jello mold and refrigerate.
Have you started planning for Thanksgiving yet? What are your favorite turkey day recipes?
*This recipe is from Melissa Martin