It finally hit me today that time is winding down before Christmas—there’s only 20 days until this joyous holiday! I also remembered that St. Nick comes tonight, which is not only a tradition I loved as a kid, but also reminded me that I’m running out of time for holiday shopping.
Instead of stressing, I turned to one of my favorite obsessions: Pinterest. This online DIY-lover’s paradise has crafts, recipes, and gift ideas and can be a real life-saver. Pinterest helped me decide to make cookies for those hard-to-shop-for people on my Christmas list this year. Here are two of the recipes I found.
I recently had a craving for these cookies and asked my mom to make some for me. I would’ve made them myself if I knew it was this easy!
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 teaspoons milk
- Beat together butter, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually mix in flour until combined.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Use a small cookie scoop to measure dough; roll dough into 1- inch balls.
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb or a small cap, make an indention in the center of each cookie.
- Fill each indention with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are very lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool for about a minute on the cookie sheet, then move to a cookie rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, almond extract, and milk in small bowl, adding the milk gradually until the desired consistency is achieved; drizzle over cooled cookies.
Details: Prep time: 15 mins. Cook time: 15 mins. Total time: 30 mins. Yield: 3 1/2 dozen. Recipe via.
I love how festive these cookies look, not to mention they are super easy to make!
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 miniature Snickers candy bars
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls of dough around each candy bar. Roll in colored sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
Prep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. Yield: 24 Servings. Recipe via.
What are your favorite holiday cookie recipes?
— Community Insurance (@Community_Ins) December 5, 2012