Being in the insurance industry we have had our fair share of claims over the years that have to do with home theft. Having your valuable items stolen can be frightening and upsetting. Luckily, people have homeowner’s policies that protect them from the financial loss of their valuables. However, sometimes items that are stolen have more sentimental value than financial.
Make sure you are keeping your valuables protected in your home. There is several measure you can take in order to prevent thievery of your valuables.
Follow these steps to protect your valuable items:
1. Install a reliable security system throughout your house that protects both your doors and windows—as well as garage doors.
2. Have a reliable homeowner’s policy from Community Insurance. We can offer you coverage for your valuable articles that will allow you to make an itemized list of your jewelry or valuable items with an agreed upon value.
3. Secure your items in a secure home safe to store all of your items.
4. Consider getting a false-bottom container for storing your valuable jewelry.
5. Never store any valuable art pieces over a fireplace and out of direct sunlight.