Who’s ready to watch the Packers tonight? It’s Green and Gold day here at Community Insurance and we’re all ready to cheer on our favorite team tonight. What better way to cheer on our team than with some green and gold grub? This recipe for Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwiches will have your taste buds in Packer spirit.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich (via)
Servings: makes 1 sandwich (multiply recipe by number of sandwiches required)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily “pinch” off.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread and spread the cream cheese on the inside. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the cream cheese of one slice of bread, top with the jalapeños, crumbled tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.