Winter weather is coming is already here. Make sure you are traveling around safely this season with everything you need to survive the chilly winter weather. An emergency kit is necessary all year round; however, some additional gear you will need to pack when the colder months of the year roll in.
Stock up your vehicle and the vehicles of your loved ones with these winter car necessities.
- Snow socks will increase your traction if you unexpectedly find yourself in a situation where your car is stuck. These fabric donuts will fit over the drive tires and grip the drive tires so you can move a stuck car.
- Hand warmers, mittens, and a wool blanket. All of these things will keep you warm until help comes to get you.
- Extra food or drink to hold you over and keep your energy high in cold weather conditions.
- A shovel is a good idea in case you need to dig your car out of snow.
- An extra bottle windshield deicer to give you better visibility when road conditions are poor. Also, you can use it to melt ice on the road if need be.
Remember, a great insurance policy is also crucial to any car owner. Stock up your car this winter and make sure you give your local agent a call at Community Insurance to discuss your auto insurance. We would be happy to review your policy and ensure you are completely covered this winter.