Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. While this saying is used to describe the items that every bride should have with her on her wedding day, “something blue” could also describe the couple’s feelings after shelling out a substantial amount for a wedding dress. Think I’m being overly dramatic? This list of famous wedding dresses and their prices will have your bank account begging you to never get married.
- The Royal Wedding in April 2012 had the whole world mesmerized, especially when the price of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress was revealed. Kate’s dress took nine months to construct out of luxurious and delicate fabrics, weighing in at $400,000.
- Kate Middleton’s would-be mother-in-law also stole the world’s heart when she married Prince Charles in 1981. Princess Diana’s David Emanuel gown is iconic for its puffy sleeves, layers of tulle and silk, over 10,000 pearls and sequins, and of course that unforgettable 25-foot train. The exact price of Princess Di’s dress is unknown, but estimated to be around 9,000 pounds, or about $13,160 in today’s rates. However, the dress and its symbolism truly remain priceless.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’s beaded satin wedding dress has an unknown price, but is estimated to be one of the top 10 most expensive wedding dresses in the world. Diamonds,jewels, and a 6-foot long train could easily break the bank.
- How would you like to walk down the aisle looking as pretty as a peacock? With Vera
- Wang’s $1.5 million Peacock Weather Wedding Dress, you can! Although this dress has a hefty price tag, Vera Wang claims that the dress she designed for Jennifer Lopez was much more expensive.
- Both men and women across the globe were saddened when David Beckham put a ring on Posh Spice’s finger. This power couple said “I do” in 1999 with Victoria wearing a Vera Wang satin gown. The price is unknown but is obviously expensive due to the gown’s stunning beauty.
With wedding dress costs running amuck, it’s no surprise that weddings are an expensive ordeal. Couples who are saving up for marriage can be sure that their Wisconsin insurance agent will work to find the best insurance policies for their budget. It is also important to remember to have your spouse added to your insurance policies or apply for new, joint policies. Wedding planning can be hectic, so let one of our agents take care of your insurance troubles for you!