We are now within two days of the 2nd Annual Chili Cook-Off. This year we have some of our wonderful customers participating in the cook-off. Each participant has chosen a charity to represent and will donate all the proceeds to their charity if they win.
Our customers will be making their own special chili recipe in hopes of becoming the newest chili champion. Last year, our employees competed and Wanda won the title with her White Chicken Chili recipe. Wanda donated the proceeds to the Cancer Society.
Here are the charities that our contestants are representing this year:
1. Kelly Loken: Kayla Toelle Scholarship Fund
2. Brian Derus: One Small Drop
3. Dennis Trebs: St. Alberts Church
4. Jen Schustek: I-S Softball Field Fundraiser
5. Kent Sykes: Wounded Warrior Project
6. Mitchell Swenson: Scandinavia Lutheran Church
7. Laurie Stoltenberg: Family Crisis Center
8. Iola Fitness Center: Dig Pink Cancer Fund
9. Butch Pomroy: Tomorrow River Scholarship Foundation
10. Laurie Haas Jakusz: Amherst Food Pantry
Please come and support one of these wonderful causes this Friday, November 8th. The cook-off will be from 3:00 to 6:00 pm in our Iola office.