Community Insurance & Associates, a local and growing insurance agency, is looking for a property and casualty insurance agent to join our team in the central Wisconsin area. This is a 40 hour per week position. Pay is negotiable and based on experience. The desired candidate must possess excellent customer service skills, skills to confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, basic computer skills, must have basic Microsoft Office knowledge and be able to perform basic office duties. A high school diploma is required. Must possess reliable transportation and have a valid driver’s license. Candidate should have their Wisconsin property and casualty license.
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent Rock Star
Department: Sales, Central Wisconsin Area
Reports To: Owners
Overall Responsibility: To build and retain clientele of the agency by meeting with prospective and existing clients, discussing and quoting the solutions to their needs, and closing the sales.
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets.
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively.
- Prequalifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
- Creates and maintains client or prospect lists.
- Designs insurance plans and recommends coverages to clients.
- Surveys loss exposure, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients.
- Creates insurance proposals; makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business,
- Completes and submits applications and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets.
- Develops, follows, and completes sales objectives.
- Prepares, requests, and delivers binders to insureds.
- Asks for referrals from insured to help generate new business.
Retention and Continuous Marketing:
- Explains coverages and exclusions and documents explanations on automated file for future reference.
- Develops a book of business that is profitable for both the agency and the carriers.
- Works with clients to ensure limit and coverage adequacy.
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents system by transaction date.
- Creates letters to clients offering coverage, share information and advice regarding insurance matters. Uses these to round out accounts fully.
- Reviews existing policy coverages, at least annually, to upgrade accounts and remarket, if necessary.
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries, and renewal proposals.
- Reviews appropriate policy change requests and other account activity. Documents automated file as appropriate. Uses each client contact as an opportunity for coverage review and marketing of need covered.
- Recommends and helps insureds carry out loss control programs, independently and with company loss control staff.
- Retains assigned percentage of accounts at each renewal.
- Continues to develop relationships with insured.
- Accepts and handles any duties/prospects as assigned by agency management.
Seeking Candidates with:
- Strong relationship building skills
- Want to make a difference in people’s lives
- Fearless attitude toward prospecting new customers, networking and building relationships
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to take control over one’s time and financial future
- Drive for achievement and financial rewards
- Strong ethics
- Strong track record of professional success, ideally in external sales
- A strong presence in the local community
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Medical Plan
- Company paid short-term and long term disability plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Simple IRA
- Paid vacation
- Profit sharing in the agency
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org