Thanksgiving week is here at last. Make it a stress-free holiday by getting a head start on all of your Thanksgiving preparations. Whether you are spending the holiday hosting dinner or attending a dinner, follow the steps below to make sure you are ready for the big day.
- Check out your local craft stores to see if they still have fall decorations out. Stock up on any decorations that are still in stock, some might even be on clearance.
- Clean your house thoroughly at the beginning of the week so you are not rushing to get things done before guests arrive.
- Look at your spice cupboard and throw away any spices that are old. Add them to your grocery list to replace.
- Let all your plants see a little time in the window and give them some greenery water and plant food. This will have them looking their best for Thanksgiving.
- Make a detailed shopping list so you can get all the things you need in one trip.
- Cut any vegetables, celery and onions the day before Thanksgiving. You can also assemble stuffing, prepare dessert, and do any dishes you may have.
- While turkey is roasting on Thanksgiving morning, do any side dishes you may have.
- Once everything is prepared, you can sit back and relax while you mingle with family and friends.
Community Insurance & Associates would like to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. If you are hosting a large Thanksgiving event like a parade or concert, give your local agent at Community Insurance a call. We can discuss a special events insurance policy with you that will protect you from an assortment of perils.