General Liability vs. Professional Liability for Business Owners

prof vs gen

Often times our commercial clients question the difference between general liability coverage and professional liability coverage. Basically, both coverages are designed to cover a business from liability.

First we need to start out by explaining what exactly these two different coverages are.

General liability: This can be titled as a general liability policy or business owner’s policy. It is designed to cover a business against liability issues that occur on their premises, as well as their products and operations.

Professional liability: This policy covers the business from liability issues resulting from rendering or failure to render professional services. Often times a professional service is defined as a work or service in which a person needs special training to perform.

So which coverage do you need?

There is not always a clear answer as to the difference between general and professional liability. This often times results in both professional and general liability being provided by the same carrier. Any of our agents here at Community Insurance & Associates will be able to help you find the appropriate coverage for your business. We offer business insurance packages that can include business owners policies (BOP), workers compensation, general liability, professional liability, commercial liability, and group benefits.

Give us a call today and we will set you up with the perfect insurance policy for your business!

Would You Like Us To Review Your Policies?

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 39 MB.

    Request Your Proposal Here

    Are you ready to save time, aggravation, and money? The team at Community Insurance is here and ready to make the process as painless as possible. We look forward to meeting you!

    Call Email Quote Like Us