The 4th of July is getting closer and closer, and individuals across the nation are gearing up to celebrate America’s holiday. Wednesday will be full of parades, barbecues, parties, drinks, and of course, fireworks. Although the 4th of July is certainly a reason to celebrate, it is also important to be responsible to keep you and others safe especially when using fireworks.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission stresses that incidents involving fireworks can cause serious burn and eye injuries, and can even cause fatal injuries. The USCPSC gives several guidelines to follow when using fireworks:
- Always, always, ALWAYS use legal fireworks.
- Keep children away from fireworks and never allow them to ignite fireworks.
- Make sure an adult is supervising firework activities, including using sparklers. Sparklers can burn at temperatures around 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, which is hot enough to burn some metals.
- Check to make sure fireworks are legal in your area and if conditions are safe enough to light them.
- Thoroughly douse used fireworks with water to put them out in order to prevent fires.
Promote firework safety in your area this 4th of July and make sure everyone is safe. You should also make sure you are protected with a Wisconsin health insurance policy should something go wrong. It is always better to be safe rather than sorry!
Happy 4th of July from your Wisconsin insurance agency!