Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
October 5 is National Do Something Nice Day, so we thought we’d take this opportunity to remind our customers that flu season is on its way and the time to prepare is NOW! It’s Fight the Flu Friday and we have everything you need to get ready for a long flu season.
- According to the Red Cross, you should get a flu shot every year for you best chance at protection. Flu shots are available at many locations, including Walgreens. Contact your health insurance agent to see if your policy covers flu shots.
- If you are a student, you are at especially high risk for catching the flu. You come in close contact with people every day, some of whom could be carrying flu germs or are sick with the flu. Luckily, the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point offers flu shots to students. Stop in the Health Services building to ask about their flu shots.
- Stop the flu before it can get to you! Wash your hands regularly, keep a bottle of hand sanitizer on your desk and in your purse, avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose, and avoid sick people as much as possible. You should also cover your mouth and nose with tissues when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow to avoid germs spreading.
- If you do happen to get sick, stay home from work or school. Avoid contact with others until your fever has been gone for at least 24 hours.
- Be aware if you are at high risk of catching the flu. Take extra precaution if you are 50 or older, pregnant, have a chronic medical condition, and/or if you live with anyone who is considered high risk. Children are also at high risk, so make sure they are washing hands and covering their mouths when sneezing or coughing.
Prevention is the best way to fight the flu. Prepare for flu season now to keep you and your family healthy and happy! What tricks do you use to fight the flu?