Do I need renters insurance

Do I need renters insurance? If you are asking the question chances are you do.

Renters insurance is a Wisconsin Homeowners Insurance policy that will cover the personal property of a renter for damage such as fire, theft, and wind. With the out break of tornado’s and bad storms in Wisconsin this year, a renter’s policy is something that all renters should consider.

You may think that I do not need renters insurance because my roommate or significant other has a policy. That is a misconception, if you are not listed on the renters or homeowners policy you have no coverage under their policy.

If you are a family with a college student you should also think about weather that student needs coverage while they are away at college. Some insurance companies will extend coverage from their parent’s homeowner’s policy, but is it enough? It’s a good idea to contact your insurance agent to make sure that your family is adequately covered.

The price of a renter’s insurance policy is usually less than $15 a month, depending on the amount of coverage you need and where you live. If you purchase the renter’s insurance policy with the company that has your auto insurance you will usually see a 7-20% discount on your auto insurance.

Would You Like Us To Review Your Policies?

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 39 MB.

    Request Your Proposal Here

    Are you ready to save time, aggravation, and money? The team at Community Insurance is here and ready to make the process as painless as possible. We look forward to meeting you!

    Call Email Quote Like Us