Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
If you are an avid Pinterest user then you have probably seen pictures for this beautiful DIY no-sew ruffled tree skirt. This relatively simple craft is the perfect way to add a little more flare to your Christmas tree.
What you’ll need:
- 4 yards of fabric (pick whatever kind of pattern you like)
- 1 painter’s canvas drop cloth (4×5)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Fabric scissors
- Start by laying out your painter’s canvas.
- Next, fold the canvas into quarters, then into a triangle.
- Cut on end of the triangle in a rounded manner. This will be the part that wraps around the base of the tree.
- Next, cut the other side of the canvas triangle into a quarter circle.
Now you can unfold your painter’s canvas and see what you have to work with. Lay out the canvas, and set it aside.
- Begin cutting your fabric into 2-3 inch strips.
- Next, use your hot glue gun to apply a line of glue about 1 1/2 inches above the outside edge of the skirt.
- Lay down the fabric along your line of glue. As you are laying it down you should be pinching the linen and firmly pressing it into the glue. This will create the ruffle look.
- Continue using the hot glue and making the ruffles until you have completely covered the canvas.
Ta-da! You have a beautiful new tree skirt. All you have to do now is wrap the skirt around the tree and place some presents on top of it. If you have anymore questions on how to do this craft, just go here .