This is a great Valentine’s Day recipe for your sweetheart. These delicious truffles are very simple to make and involve no baking. Watch the video below and learn how to make these little delicacies!
What you’ll need:
- 3 dozen Oreo’s or any other similar type of cookie
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 12 oz. of semi-sweet baking chocolate chips
- Cookie sheet
- Waxed paper
- Sprinkles (any color you want)
- Start by placing the Oreo’s into a gallon size Ziploc bag. Finely crush the cookies with a wooden spoon.
- Next, place the cream cheese in a bowl and place it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Now you can add the cookie crumbs to the softened cream cheese and mix the two together.
- Once the cookies and the cream cheese are well mixed, place the mixture in the fridge for an hour.
- After the hour, take the mixture out of the fridge and begin rolling it into small 1″ balls.
- Place the balls onto a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper.
- Once you have used up all of the mixture, put the truffle balls into the freezer for an hour.
- After the hour, take the truffles out of the freezer and set aside.
- Begin melting your chocolate chips in a microwavable safe bowl for 1-2 minutes. Take the chocolate chips out of the microwave and stir until the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Now you can begin dipping each of the truffles into the chocolate and place them one by one back onto the cookie sheet.
- After dipping each truffle make sure you add sprinkles to it before the truffle begins to set.
- Once you have all the truffles dipped in chocolate and have sprinkles added to them. Place the cookie sheet back in the freezer until they are completely set.
- Now you can transfer the truffles to a container of your choice and store them on the fridge. Enjoy!