Green Bay Packer fans had a huge collective sigh of relief after the news was released that Aaron Rodgers will be the starting quarterback against the Chicago Bears on Sunday, December 28th. This means many people are getting ready for the big game and thinking about what type of food they’ll be munching on during the game. Packer fans love anything green and gold, even when it comes to their game day munchies.
Beer and cheese are two very common items served during a packer party. That got me thinking, why not combine the both items. This all leads to the ultimate Packer party snack, cheddar beer dip.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- A small pinch of cayenne
- 3/4 cup of any type of beer
- 1 1/2 tsp. of dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. of flour
- 2 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- Small crock pot
- Tortilla chips, broccoli, sausage, pretzel bites, and really anything you think will be good dipped in cheese.
- Start by combining the grated cheese, flour, cayenne, and mustard in a bowl.
- Next, in the crock pot, combine the beer and Worcestershire sauce and set the crock pot on high.
- Once the beer and Worcestershire starts bubbling, add the cheese mixture.
- Stir the mixture until it is well blended and then turn the crock pot to low.
- Your dip is now ready for the game.
Serve the dip with whatever you want. I prefer a variety of items to dip in the cheese, it creates a nice smörgåsbord and your guests will love it.