Here is a great recipe if you are looking for an appetizer to bring to your next party. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts are a crunchy and delicious snack that everybody will love. This recipe is super simple, and will take you no time at all.
What you’ll need for the wrapped chestnuts:
1 lb. bacon– cut strips in thirds
2 cans of water chestnuts
What you’ll need for the sauce:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. dry mustard
1 small onion– finely diced
- Start by wrapping your uncooked bacon slices around the water chestnuts. Then secure the wrapped chestnuts with a toothpick.
- Next, microwave the wrapped chestnuts for 10 minutes and then set them aside.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a Crock-pot and heat the sauce on high.
- Now add the bacon wrapped chestnuts to the sauce and turn the Crock-pot to low.
- Serve the water chestnuts once they are warm.
*This recipe came from Wanda Draeger.