School will be starting in no time and that means that parents of college students will be sending their undergrads back for another semester of higher education. Before sending them back, make sure to protect your students personal belongings in the event of theft, water damage, fire or vandalism. A Wisconsin renters insurance policy can be obtained from a local agent at Community Insurance & Associates.
Reasons why students need renters insurance:
- If a student is living off-campus, they are no longer protected by their parents home insurance policy.
- Most college students have belongings that could add up to thousands of dollars including electronics, laptop computers, sports equipment, clothing and accessories.
- The average cost of renters insurance is low, in America the average is around $12 a month, according to the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America.
- Renters insurance compensates for losses and living expenses in the event that you have to move out of an apartment or house.
- Renters insurance covers property damage and bodily injury protection in the event that you are found legally liable.
Please give your local agent at Community Insurance & Associates a call today to discuss the benefits of a renter’s insurance policy. Make sure your student(s) are going back-to-school this semester with a comprehensive renters insurance policy provided by a local independent insurance agent at Community Insurance & Associates.