Having your car break down in the cold, frigid winter months can be dangerous. To avoid the inconvenience of a breakdown, check out these quick tips on how to keep your car running smoothly in the remaining months of winter.
- Check your heater, defroster and windshield wipers to make sure everything is running as it should.
- Pour a bottle of HEET in your gas tank to avoid gas-line freeze up this winter.
- Check your tire pressure every week in the winter to make sure they are properly inflated.
- Keep your cars battery in good shape. A tired battery needs to be charged. However, a worn out battery should be replaced before it dies.
- Check the oil in your car and make sure you are using a oil designed for winter use.
- If your tires are worn out, don’t delay getting a new set of all season tires.