Back to school season is always a hectic time for students and parents. Packing lunches, picking out outfits, filling out forms, and just getting out the door on time are all tasks that get added to your already packed to-do list. One area that can often get overlooked is after-school snacks. Your children will be wiped out after school, especially these first few days, so filling and healthy snacks are a good way to hold them over until dinnertime.
- For a quick and easy snack, slice up some fruits and vegetables. You can even arrange the fruits and veggies to resemble animals or your child’s favorite character. This way the food will be fun and your child will be more likely to eat it instead of complaining about how icky vegetables are. You can also serve fruit with yogurt dip and vegetables with low-fat ranch dip to make this snack more exciting for your children.
- Of course we can’t write a blog post about after-school snacks without mentioning our state’s pride and joy: cheese.
- Cheese wedges, cheese curds, and string cheese are all healthy and fun options for your children to enjoy.
- For a more creative snack option, try cutting an apple into half-inch rings and spreading peanut butter between them to create an “apple sandwich.” You can also sprinkle on chocolate chips for a special treat.
- Try adding M&Ms, Raisinets, dried cranberries, or other goodies to make a yummy bowl of popcorn that your kids will love.
- For more after-school snack recipes, check out our Back to School board on Pinterest. We have also pinned other useful back-to-school tips that you can use to make this time of year less hectic.
What are your favorite after-school recipes? Best of luck to all students and parents as they head back into school mode! Have a great year!