Scroll to read full page. Click on image to download PDF flyer
Take the time to review some safe hunting tips before heading into the woods this weekend. It’s important to practice hunter safety to prevent hunting related accidents.
1. Gun safety is extremely important. Never point the gun at yourself or another person even if you believe it is not loaded. Do not put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to take a shot.
2. Try never to hunt alone. When you hunt with a partner, you can look out for one another and keep each other protected. Just in case either of you have an accident; there will be somebody there to help.
3. Blaze orange. It is vital that your wear blaze orange while gun hunting to ensure that you are visible to any other hunter that may be in the woods.
4. Be alert while hunting. It is extremely dangerous to yourself and others if you are not paying close attention to your surroundings while hunting.
5. Be careful in your tree stand. Always where a harness or safety belt while you are in or trying to get in your tree stand. Also, make sure to never climb the tree while holding your equipment.