Luckily, there are some great phone applications that will keep people off of their phones when they are behind the wheel.
1. Live2Txt—this app is made for Android and blocks phone calls and texts while you are driving. You have the option to display a customized message that will let the sender know that you are unable to talk right now. Simply turn the app “on” before driving.
2. DriveScribe is available for both iPhone and Android users. DriveScribe not only lets senders know you are unavailable, but it also tracks your driving habits. It will also give you driving tips on how to improve, all while you collect rewards points that are redeemable for gift cards.
3. Canary—this app is specifically designed for parents with teen drivers. It allows you to monitor your child’s driving habits while behind the wheel.
4. Texecution is an app that uses a GPS to monitor when you are traveling over 10 mph. Your phone will lock you out and disable you from texting. However, if you are a passenger, you have the option of asking the administrator to override your settings.
5. Text-STAR also uses a GPS system to track when you are going over 10 mph. The app disables texting and will auto-respond to your text messages.